14 February 2010

Goods for the soul

Recently I've been thinking a lot about the things in life that are good for my soul. When I say this, I mean the daily occurrences or life's little surprises, that give me that warm, peaceful feeling in my whole body. I believe these things are God's way of reminding us how much He is in love with His children. I know I keep saying "things" which is very vague, so here's a list of the "things" I'm talking about.

1) A cup of coffee when it isn't needed, just simply enjoyed.
2) When God reminds me that He is still in control, even in New York City.
3) Blogging. I love it. Even if no one reads it.
4) Reading the Word and praying with Luke. Even over the phone, I cherish every moment.
5) Skyping and laughing with my best friends after a long day. Truly, these girls are my soul mates.
6) Cleaning my room on Sunday. This harnesses my chi:)
7) "New York" adventures. The kinds where I live out my childhood dreams.
8) Checking things off of my long to-to list.
9) Hour and a half to two hour workouts. I hear the Hallelujah chorus singing now!
10) Luke's love. Seriously, it like none other. I'm the luckiest girl.

I've already experience a couple of these today and it's put me in such a great mood! Now, time to go work out and then the figure skating portion of the 2010 Winter Olympics starts tonight at 7 p.m.! I will hopefully being getting a little homework done while I watch, but that's wishful thinking I'm sure.

What's good for your soul? Please share! I'd love to know:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)