25 July 2013

One day at a time.

Moving...As you could possibly expect, life has been a little crazy around here lately. If you didn't read my previous post, I was offered the opportunity to relocate back to Texas and Luke and I are moving back in a little over 5 weeks. It took a few days for the dust to settle (we jumped straight into budgeting moving expenses, figuring out where we're going to live, etc.), but I'm feeling really great as everything is falling into place for the big move!

{Ha! This made me laugh. via}

Work...Everything is going great, but soon I'll be shoulder-deep in transitioning from my current territory in the northeast down to my new territory in the southwest. This will include me helping train someone new to take over my old position AND me being somewhat trained for my new position (although the latter should take less time). I've got a work trip to Vegas in September, one in New Jersey in October, and another in Florida in November. This girl is going to be on the MOVE! And this doesn't include my many shorter distance trips to Houston, Austin, San Antonio, West Texas, and the Rio Grande Valley throughout the fall. Summer is almost over y'all and this means work is about to kick into a whole new gear of busy! 

{via}

School...One thing I haven't talked about on the blog just yet is school. Back before we had any idea about being relocated, I decided that it was time for me to go back to school for my MBA. This is something I've always wanted to do, but the timing just hadn't been right until now. Back in June, I was accepted into UT Dallas' Naveen Jindal School of Management Professional MBA program. This program feels like it was created for my unique work and travel schedule. It might take me three years to finish it, but I can't wait to get started and to someday have my MBA!

{My sweet friend sent me this after she found out I got into grad school. Love her!}

Luke...This guy is amazing, y'all. I've been so grateful to have him by my side as we've decided to relocate back to Texas and make another huge life transition. He's wrapping up work in NJ and has already started the process job hunting in Texas. Please say a prayer for us as he goes through this process! God is already opening doors and we just want to be prayerful and faithful as we seek His will for this next step in Luke's career. Also, Luke is the mastermind behind all things moving (renting the truck, planning the route, budgeting the cost, etc.) and I'm so thankful for this! As you can see, this girl has A LOT on her plate as is. And at the end of the day, this guy lets me cry, scream, laugh, and just talk it all out as I self-induce panic attacks when thinking too much about all of these big changes.


I'm just taking it all one day at a time. But I must say, these temps in the mid-60s sure are helping make this week a lot less stressful. It's like a tease for fall, pumpkin spice lattes, and baked apple pie candles (I can't wait!).

Hope your Thursday is blessed. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)