15 October 2008

My Soul Cometh Alive

I have been so blessed the past couple of days to have some very special people stop by my life on their way to other destinations. God knew exactly what I was going to need when I was going to need it (of course) and my soul has come alive, once again, for the people and the places I love.

Yesturday Shaune, Tyler, and Kristie drove through Waco on their way back to Zephyr from the Conclave convention in Ft. Worth. They took me to dinner at Olive Garden and the dinner conversation was so familiar and comforting. We talked about camp and the amazing things God is doing out there right now; we talked about family, friends, our lives. It was like a breath of fresh air to spend time with these people. I love my Zephyr family more than they will ever know and so much of the good in me is because of what they have taught me about God's love and His ministry.

Today, which happened to be an extrememly drizzly day, was brightened for me by the smile of a sweet little girl named Gabi Graves. The Graves family, Justin, Michelle and Gabi, were also on their way back home, but to San Antonio, from the Conclave convention and stopped to take me to lunch at Wendy's. I have missed that precious family so much! It felt as if we had never been apart. Then we went to one of the many Baylor Spirit Shops where they bought Gabi a Baylor Bears t-shirt. She calls me "Sara Poopeck" now because I taught her what her poopeck is and I love that she call me this! (If you don't know, just ask!)I loved catching up with them and talking about next summer. I'm so motivated to serve the Lord even more now because of this family's example of obedience to and love of God. Life is better because I know them.

Thank you God for the way that you re-motivate me and remind me why I do what I do. Thanks for these amazing people that you have placed in my life and for the way that they have expanded my heart to hold so much more love than I could have ever imagined. I don't know what I'd do without them and their friendships. Please bless these people as they continue to serve you and reunite us all again soon. In Jesus' name, Amen.

I miss Zephyr. I want to go home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)