23 August 2009

Time is slipping away from me

I'm at this point in my life where I'm realizing a lot. That time really does pass us by too quickly. That there come times in our lives where we begin and end experiences for the last time. That you can be sitting somewhere, savoring the flavor of the moment and in what feels like nanoseconds, you're looking back, a year or two later, wondering where the time went.

I don't want this post to turn into a sappy, "my last first day of college" monologue, but I'm sitting in my precious little nook in my room where my desk, laptop, and printer reside, feeling somewhat like a baby journalist about to embark on a great adventure (NY in 5 months!), wondering where the time has gone.

It feels like just yesterday that I was sitting alone in my freshman dorm room because my roommate, who was a sophomore and who didn't need me like I needed a friend, hadn't even moved in yet. My mother had left me a note that read "Sic 'Em Sara! Love, Mom" and left without saying goodbye. I knew neither one of us could have handled that. So did she, apparently. I was so lonely, so scared of what the future held for me at Baylor. And now, here I am, living with my best friends who are also my sorority sisters. I'm 5 months from living in New York City, chasing my dream of being a big city journalist. And I've been dating an incredible man of God for four years who wants to spend his life with me. Really? I am already here?

I'm about the head to dinner with 5 of my very good friends for a senior year kick-off dinner where we'll order drinks and talk about our summers. I just never thought I'd be a college senior, ever. I hoped I would be, but I could never get a firm grasp on what that may look like in my mind. Now, I'm here. And its mesmerizing. I want to sit in this little nook forever and write. Write about my life up until now. Write about my experiences. My fears and my achievements. Maybe its time to start writing my book:)

I just don't want to forget any of this or let any moment pass me by.

I'm a college senior and time is slipping away before my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)