09 May 2010

Showered with blessings

So many incredible things have happened since I last blogged! In the last 4 days, I have completed my undergraduate career at Baylor University, flown home to Texas, and attended my first bridal shower. If this is any indication of how much fun I am going to have throughout the summer, then bring it on! I'm loving this:)

Let me back up for just a minute. On Wednesday, May 5th, I took my last college final. Our entire class went out afterward to a karaoke place in Korea Town...with our professor. Yup. I know, it sounds weird to me too, ha! Then, at about 11 p.m., I made my last (praise the Lord!) trip to the upper east side of Manhattan to pick up my wedding dress. This was the only ridiculous time I had to get the dress in between my alterations lady finishing up and studying for finals. I'm so glad to now have my beautiful dress in Texas! Which, speaking of...

I'M BACK IN TEXAS!!! I flew home on Thursday and got to Texas around 4 p.m. When we touched down on to this great state after a four hour flight, I thought about saying, "Attention ladies and gentlemen: Sara Martisek is now BACK IN TEXAS!!!" But seeing as I was on a non-stop flight from New York, I figured the New Yorkers wouldn't really appreciate my enthusiasm anyway. Oh well, I was still super excited! My dad picked me up from the airport, which was cool since he was the one person that didn't get the chance to visit me in New York. We picked up some Taco Cabana (duh) on the way home. It's not real Mexican food, but it will hold me over until I get my hands on the real deal. That night, I drove down the Zephyr to surprise Luke, who wasn't even there! That's what I get for trying to surprise that boy:) He arrived about an hour later and it was so good to see him, hug him, kiss him. I spent all day Friday at Zephyr and then headed back to Hallettsville. I know it was a quick trip, but I had to because today was...

My first bridal shower!!! My amazing friends Kelsey, Catherine, Kristin, Christine, and Kara threw me a bridal shower/panty party at our house in Waco. This was the first time I had the chance to be reunited with many of my Tri Delta sisters since I moved to New York in January. It was such a blessing to get to spend a couple of hours this afternoon catching up with everyone and talking about all of the changes in our lives. With multiple weddings being planned, job interviews, and graduation around the corner, we all had lots to talk about!


{Everyone eating and catching up}

The food at the shower was beyond yummy! These girls did a great job of baking and preparing beautiful desserts, fruit plates, chips and dip, and more. Cat made me a pink cupcake tree that got many compliments. That's my interior design roomie! She's always creating something original.


{Fruit-kabobs}


{To die for!}


{Cat's beautiful cupcake tree}

After we ate, I opened presents. This was a bridal shower, but also a "panty party." What girl doesn't love a cute pair of panties?! It was so much fun to open gifts and giggle with these girls. Unfortunately, I will not be sharing of the pictures taken at this point in the party, but I promise you these friends of mine did a great job of picking out gifts! I also got a pair of lobster boxers from Kelsey and a flowery teddy from my little sister, Claire. Great job ladies!


{Lobster boxers from Kels}

I feel so incredibly blessed right now. New York was fun, but I didn't feel like this. I'm so glad to be back in Texas. I graduate one week from today. I've designated Wednesday as "look for Sara and Luke an apartment/house" day. Wedding planning is moving along faster than ever. And God is on His throne. I'm one happy girl.


{All the girls at my shower}


{The best friends a girl could have!}

1 comment:

  1. Aww it looks like you had a great bridal shower! That cupcake tree is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)