26 April 2012

It's here!!!

{Last year's race}

It's here!!! The weekend I run my first half marathon!!

I'm flying to Nashville this evening. I'm so excited to be staying at my friend Sarah's house for the weekend. I'm going to hang out in the gorgeous little town of Franklin tomorrow and catch up with some friends while Sarah is at work. Then, we're going to go pick up our race packets, hang out in Nash, grab dinner, and then get some good rest before the run. I have my race outfit picked out and I'm already a little anxious. This race is something I've been preparing for for 12 weeks now and I can't believe that on Sunday I'll be able to say that I'm a half-marathoner!

If you get the chance, please say a prayer for me for safe travels and fun memories. We can never have too many people praying for us, amen? And don't you worry, I'll have plenty of race day pictures to share with you once I'm back. :)

Cheers to 13.1 miles!!

6 comments:

  1. That is so exciting! You are going to be hooked!
    Good luck!
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!!! You will do awesome!!! Can't wait to hear about it and see pictures! have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun & good luck! I ran it last year (see my recap under the marathon page). Nashville is so much fun, but the hills were tough & the first few miles got pretty crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck!! and have so so much fun! let me know how it goes- I'm hoping to run one come late Aug/early Sept :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)