So, I finally toughened up and went to the doctor this morning. My family doctor happens to be my aunt, so when I called her yesterday and told her that I needed to see her asap, she said she'd see me at 8:30 a.m. today. After arriving and checking in, I waited an hour and a half(!) before they took me back to see my aunt. I was furious! The front desk kept telling me that I didn't have an appointment, when I knew for a fact my aunt had scheduled me for 8:30 a.m. After tearing up, telling them how bad I was feeling, and asking for the umpteenth time if they had even told my aunt that I was there, they rushed me back to an examination room and apologized for making me wait (I think she found out and had a few words).
After a thorough examination of listening to me breathe, checking my ears, and all that good doctor stuff, this is what I learned...
1. I have a bronchial infection. Yuck!
2. I will be on an antibiotic for walking pneumonia for the next 10 days.
3. I also must continue taking Mucinex and was prescribed codon cough syrup (the good stuff).
4. I was not allowed go to work today, nor can I go tomorrow.
5. A shot in the ass hurts like hell. Especially a steroid shot given to you by a big scary nurse that says, "lift your dress and bend over!" Holy moly...
6. I'm pretty stickin' contagious.
I picked up my meds and drove home (my behind still throbbing). I've been asleep on the couch for the past 4 hours and although I enjoyed the rest, I couldn't sit still any longer. I know that I'm supposed to stay away from work, but I may still try to go tomorrow if I'm feeling better. We shall see. :)
Again, if you can, I appreciate all prayers. I need swift healing because I'm supposed to help host a bridal shower for a dear friend of mine this weekend and I would be absolutely crushed if I could not go. But until then, I have these sweet babies to cuddle with.
Hi, I'm Sara, the author of this blog. Wife to Luke and momma to Barrett + Baby Hinton 2.0 due in August! Marketing manager, entrepreneur, and health & wellness ambassador. Avid runner and foodie. Woman of faith.