18 May 2013

Florida + A Birthday Shout-out!

I'm back from Florida!!!

Side note: Does anyone else get crazy worn out from traveling, or is that just me? Either way, I feel like I've been asleep or seriously resting for a majority of the last 48 hours. My work trip to Florida last week included a 5am wake-up call on Monday morning and looong days the rest of the week. I flew back to Jersey on Thursday, ate a late lunch with Luke, and literally passed out. I do think I've finally caught up on sleep, but this trip seriously kicked my butt!

But it was totally worth it considering that this is where I was all week...

{Second pic stolen from a friend's Instagram}

I can't remember how much I've talked about what I do/where I work on my blog and I do try to keep this to a minimum for privacy/professional reasons, but I am going to brag for a couple of seconds...I LOVE my job! I love my team, I love the company I work for, and I love that we know how to both work hard and play hard. Every time we're all back together in one place, I'm reminded of God's providence, answered prayers for a job and career I'm passionate about, and colleagues that challenge me. It's just icing on the cake that we're also good friends. :) 


Don't be fooled. We did actually work quite a bit too! When you put 7 marketing gurus in a conference room for two days, you can guarantee that by the end of day two:

 1) Every marker board will be covered in lists, charts, and words/ideas/strategies.
2) Post-It easel pad pages will be hanging all over the walls with even more lists, charts, and words/ideas/strategies.
3) Every person at one point or another will trip over a computer or cell phone charger cord to get to the lunch being delivered to the conference room because they're STARVING!
4) Coffee cups and diet mountain dew cans will be strewed across the conference table.
{If you're a marketing person, you know exactly what I'm talking about!}

Needless to say, we had a great time in Florida, both inside and outside of the office. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And one last thing before I wrap up this post...I've got to give a quick shout-out to one my my best friends in the entire world, Aubrey, who turns 27 today. Happy birthday doll face!! I wish I was there to celebrate with you, but know that I'm there in spirit. Love you! 




2 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun trip, even when it's a business trip! I'm glad you loe your job so much!!

    xx

    http://thattallgirlinheels.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)