24 February 2010

Psalm 138:8

"The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me;
Your love, O Lord, endures forever--
do not abandon the works of your hands."
-Psalm 138:8

Tonight I was skyping with my sister, Claire. Her roommate, Emily Reese, was sitting on her bed listening to our convo. [Not only is Emily my baby sister's roommate, but she is also one of my newest sorority sisters!] I was telling Claire about my hesitations on law school, fears of not being able to find a job, and just all of the overwhelming craziness in my life right now. Suddenly, Emily jumped into the camera's way and said, "Psalm 138:8!" I laughed and said, "What??" Emily responded, "Look it up! I have to go study," and gave me a big smile. Well, as you can see, I wrote out Psalm 138:8 above. Emily gave me a precious gift tonight. She did not just feed me scripture when I needed it most, but God used her to remind me of an extremely simple (yet huge) concept that I tend to forget on an all too regular basis: God is in control. He will fulfill His purpose for me. His love endures forever.

So, I'm reminded once again how small I am and how big He is. But I won't abandon my work, because I know He won't abandon His.

Thanks for the reminder Em:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)