19 February 2010

That which daunts me: the future...

What should I do with my life?

I've been asking myself this question the last couple of days. You see, I thought I had it all figured out. Move back to Texas from New York, work at Camp Zephyr for the summer, marry Luke, go to law school, get a job, and live happily ever after, right? RIIIGGHHT?? Well, humph. I'm not so sure now:/

I haven't heard back from any law schools yet, which I guess isn't a bad thing. Is no news better than good news? I didn't do early admission because I decided to go to law school in September. So with taking the LSAT and filling out applications, I didn't actually apply until December. But all of the places I applied to say that the latest you could still hear something is in May. HELLO?? I have to make plans here people! I'm getting married in August. Would a law school like to send me an acceptance letter so that Luke and I can plan our lives?? That'd be great, kthanks.

Also, where are Luke and I going to live you ask? Great question. We don't know yet. A house is not going to magically grow itself out at camp, but they want Luke to live on the camp grounds. Well everyone, here's my (not-so) shocking reply to that: I'M NOT LIVING IN THE CONFERENCE CENTER. I'm sorry, there are a lot of things I am willing to consider and adapt to, but this is not one of them. We'll be newly weds and will have just had all these fun showers where people buy us cute stuff for our house. I WANT A HOUSE. Or an apartment. Whatever. NOT a crappy hotel room, thank you very much. Uggh. Calallen? Beeville? I don't know...Please pray for me.

What if I don't get into law school? Do I go to grad school? Do I find a full-time job? I was sort of banking on law school here people. Now all of sudden, I feel like I need to start looking into other options. Luke graduates in December, which will free us up a bit and give us more options. But until then, what am I supposed to do?? I'm also trying to decide if I should go into PR, go into law, or go into ministry. Do I combine two of the three? All three? Could someone please tell me what job THAT is? Seriously, this time of my life has given a whole new meaning to the verse 1 Thessalonians 5:17..."Pray without ceasing." That's all I do these days.

Ok, I'm done venting about my fear of the future. Now it's time to buck up and go do something. I'm going to start looking into grad school, jobs around the CC area, and keep checking the online acceptance sites for the law schools I applied to. Oh yeah, and pray. A LOT.

Seriously though, if you throwing up a prayer for your family members, kids, friends, etc. about jobs, school, or anything else related to this topic, could you add me to your list? As you can see, I'm a little stressed out.

But no worries. It's nothing a glass of wine tonight with friends can't fix:) [For a night anyways.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)