16 September 2010

Girls and Wedding Weekends

Well, not too much has been going on in the ol' life. Isn't that sad? I've wanted something really awesome to blog about, but unfortunately I don't have much. So you just get a little update. :)

My dogeared jewelry that I blogged about a couple of post ago came in. I really love the necklace and wear it all the time, but I think I'm going to send the earrings back. I'm not the biggest fan. Sad, right? They were a lot cuter in the picture. This is a nice thing about having a fiance that let's you pick out what he buys: he's totally not offended if I want to send it back for something else, ha! In other mail news, I should be receiving a new-to-me iPhone 3Gs in the mail tomorrow or Monday. It was my mother's and she just recently upgraded to a 4G. How is it that my mother has the new 4G before me you ask? Well, she reads my blog all too often, so I can't be 100% honest with you about how I feel about this situation. Let's just say that it wasn't so fun to find out that your baby sister used your upgrade last spring when you were living in New York and couldn't defend your upgrade. I promise, I'm not bitter. :/ (Love you mom!)


{I would really love to own you someday 4G}

Oh wait! Here is something exciting! I went on a mini vacay with a couple of my girlfriends last weekend!! How did I forget about this? We stayed on the riverwalk for 3 nights, shopped til we dropped, and ate a lot of really good food! We even got to meet up with a couple of other friends that live in SA. This was a much needed break for all of us and I'm so glad we followed through with it. Right before we left SA, I got a special treat. Aubrey and I stopped at Americus Diamonds (where Luke bought my engagement ring!) to pick up some more jewelry cleaner because they give it to you for free. But the best part about stopping was that I got to try on the wedding band that goes with my engagement ring. My GOODNESS, it's BEAUTIFUL! I took a picture to show Luke and he still loves it. I'm a sucker for diamonds and that guy. :) I think we're about ready to plan our next girl weekend. New York sounds pretty good...


{Before our night out on the San Antonio Riverwalk!}

This weekend, I will be reuniting with some of my favorites for our sweet friend Molly's wedding. Molly and Nathan will be getting married in Houston and since my college roomie, Cat, lives in Houston, a bunch of my college best friends will be crashing at Cat's for the weekend. I can't wait to see everyone! I'm sure there will be many fabulous pictures from the weekend. Plus, Molly's going to be a beautiful bride and I'm super excited for her and Nathan. I love wedding weekends!


 {I can't wait to see these girls this weekend! Kris, Cat, Me, and Molly at my Waco bridal shower}

Well, I guess this just about covers it. Luke is working and in school a lot, but I love being in the same city with him. Wednesday is our official weekly "date night" and I'm super excited about this! Brooklyn is cuter than ever and getting way too big, in my opinion. She's the best little companion, helping me with laundry and cleaning the apartment. Well, laying around while I do laundry and clean the apartment, but you get the picture. I'm currently looking for a new full time job, so hopefully there will be some good news in that department sooner than later. But for now I'm just enjoying the "fall" in South Texas (no such thing) and rolling with the punches. God is good all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)