18 May 2011

Whirlwind Waco Weekend, Part 2

**To get caught up on the story of my weekend trip to Waco, click here.**

After our trip to Common Grounds, the girls and I went our different ways to dinner. I got dressed up and went to dinner with Kelsey's family and friends to celebrate her graduating from Baylor with her masters in accounting (my bridesmaid is a smarty pants!!). I was so happy her parents invited me to dinner with them because I hadn't seen the Marshall family in a long time. Plus, we ate at 135 Prime, an amazing steakhouse outside of Waco. So yum!! We toasted to Kelsey's success and even had a little graduation cake. Congrats Kelsey!!!


After dinner, the gang all met up again to grab a quick drink at Texas Roadhouse to celebrate Kristin's birthday. There were many celebrations this weekend! We had a great time doing a little more catching up and reminiscing about college. We can't ever seem to do enough of this. :)

That evening, Cat and I headed back over to Claire's house and got ready to spend our last night ever in 1006. Claire and her friend, Janet (who also lives at 1006), are studying abroad in Europe next fall and after they return, they will be moving into an apartment just the two of them. We were all a little sad about this since it means that we won't be able to go back to our old college house anymore, but we know that God's plans are better than our own and we know that everything is going to work out for the best of our little Clarabell. Speaking of, check out this hot mamma...

{She dressed up for us on our last night in the house; glasses, bath rob, and all! Someday she will make some man very happy, HA!}

The next morning we got up and went to breakfast with the whole gang to Cafe Cappuccino. "The gang" included: myself, Catherine, Christine, Kristin, James, and Claire. After talking over a few last-minute flight plans for the wedding, we all hugged and parted ways. Cat and I went back to Claire's house to pack up our stuff and hit the road. But of course, not before buying something from Bush's Chicken. Seriously, how much more food could we have possibly attempted to eat this weekend?!?! Most of the Bush's got throw away, but we just HAD to, ya know...:)

{Goodbye 1006!}

{Hello Bush's Chicken!}

Cat and I had a 3ish hour drive home, so most of the way we chatted about life and the upcoming wedding. Cat's little creative self is going to be playing a very fun role in the wedding and I'm so excited about having a little of her creativity displayed on our big day! About 45 minutes out of Houston, we decided to make a quick stop at a local farmers market. Ohmygoodness, this place was AMAZING! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...

{Pottery}

{So many watermelons!}

{I love how colorful veggie are}

{Fresh fruit anyone?}

{More pottery and beautiful flowers}

{Pretty in pink}

My weekend concludes with getting to Cat's house, moving all of my stuff from her car into mine, and then another 3.5 hours of driving from Houston to Corpus Christi. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't the biggest fan of driving so much and was extremely tired once I got home, but the weekend was totally worth it. I had an amazing time with some of the best friends a girl could ask for. We definitely did as many "Waco things" as we possibly could and, if you haven't already noticed, ate WAY TOO MUCH food! 

I love what Baylor did for me; what it's given me. Friends, family, a home, a network, an incredible education, life skills, a greater appreciation for my family and Luke, the chance to live and work in New York, and a future firmly grounded in faith. I love going back to Waco because I love talking about and reliving old memories with my Baylor family. Thank you Lord for allowing me to be a part of something so incredible and ordained by You!!!


And that's the end of my whirlwind Waco weekend. I still think I'm a little sleep deprived from this weekend, but I'm hanging in there! Did you do anything fun this past weekend? If not, do you have anything fun planned for this upcoming weekend? I'll be running in the 2011 Beach to Bay Relay Marathon with a team from work on Saturday and then taking my bridal portraits this Sunday with the fabulous ladies of Journey Tree Studio. Another crazy/busy weekend ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)