16 October 2010

Settling In

Woohoo! I made it through the first week of my new job!!! Not like I didn't think I would, but of course I had no idea what to expect. :)

I love my co-workers! Everyone has made me feel very welcome and I already feel like I've been working at KRIS longer than a week. After getting through the standard protocol of HR paperwork, setting up all of my user names and passwords, ordering business cards, etc., I got to spend a lot time with the other AEs as I learned what my day-to-day routine will look like. I know that the next couple of months will be information overload as I grow into this new position, but I'm excited to have so many colleagues to learn from and look up to. What a fun group!

I wish I had a better picture to show you, but here's an iPhone picture of my new desk. I'm working on getting some framed pictures up and just overall making it look like I'm living there. I really want one of those mouse pads that is also a notepad, a small heater for under my desk (I've been told you can get them at Target for like $12??), and I still need to purchase a new planner. It's coming together, slowly buy surely!


{My new desk!}

I'm headed to Beeville in the morning for the Western Week parade. Every year, my dad emcees the parade from the front yard of his office. I guess it's a great central location. My whole family will get together to sit on the tailgates of our trucks and watch the parade. I love family tradition! And I'm excited that Brooklyn will be able to join us this year. Keep an eye out for pictures soon to follow.

Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)