05 June 2011

Bachelorette Weekend!!

This past weekend was my bachelorette party in Houston, Texas. On Monday morning, Sarah (Kubal) and Aubrey picked me up around 9:45 a.m., we grabbed some Starbucks, and were off to the big city! We met up with the rest of the group at the Galleria and did a little shopping. While we were there, we saw Kate Walsh, who was doing a meet and greet at Sephora. She's so pretty and was rockin' some amazing nude heels. We were only slightly star struck. :) After hanging out at the Galleria for a little while, we decided to head over to Buffalo Exchange and a couple of little boutiques a little closer to Emily's (my sister and MOH) midtown apartment. Once we were all shopped out, we went over to Em's to get ready for our night out.

{Our group before dinner!}

{I'm not so sure about this tiara/veil}

We had dinner at the restaurant where Emily is the assistant manager, the Brasserie Max & Julie. If you live in Houston and need a fun new date place, Em's restaurant is amazing!!! We had a wonderful 3-course meal with a special menu just for our party. Of course, Emily did a fabulous job of decorating the room with bachelorette-y party gear (I'll leave that to the imagination). We played a little game that tried to figure out which girls know me best. Shout out to Cat, who got 8 out of 12 correct! Then, I open gifts that made me blush and everyone laugh. Thanks ladies.

{Martisek women}

{All the girls after dinner}

After dinner, my mom and sisters headed home to Hallettsville while the rest of us headed out into midtown Houston. We had a really great time dancing and laughing. I think what I loved most about this weekend was that it was all of my favorite people in one place. I had my college roomies, best friends from camp, college friends, childhood friends, and sisters there to celebrate with me and I loved every minute of it!!

On Sunday morning, Aubrey, Sarah, and I took advantage of being in Houston and stopped by Ikea and Anthropologie. I got a couple of things for the apartment at Ikea and some sweet little green and yellow kitchen towels from Anthro that I'm in love with. I seriously could not have asked for a better weekend with better friends and family. I feel truly blessed and I love knowing that these are the ladies that will be standing with me on the Big Day. 3 weeks and counting!!

3 comments:

  1. I am a new follower from the Tuesday blog hop

    heathergalawhat@yahoo.com
    Best of Both Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thats very interesting information. I need to share with my friends.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)