02 July 2013

Our 2nd anniversary Trip, Pt. 2

The best part of staying at a bed & breakfast? The FOOD! Sweetwater Farm's breakfast was amazing both mornings we were there. Orange, cranberry, and apple juice...coffee (my fav!)...scones and muffins...fresh fruit...and two main courses you can pick from (different each morning). YUM! Luke went with the french toast  and sausage for his first breakfast and I chose the veggies/potatoes, eggs, and sausage. If I had the time to cook breakfast like that every day, it would probably be the only meal I'd eat. We were so full afterwards!



After breakfast, we took the house dog, Brogan, with us on a hike. This dog was so awesome! All you had to say was, "Brogan, walk?" and he would take off towards the trail. We hiked the trail twice, we liked it so much. The most beautiful creek runs through the trail about two-thirds of the way through and we stopped both times to enjoy the view, take pics, and just listen to nature. 



After our hike, we drove down to the Brandywine River and rented a canoe for an hour and a half canoe trip. The canoe company made us wear lifejackets (a little laaame), but we still had a really great time! Luke decided he wants a legit canoe now and I don't hate the idea. :) Maybe for Christmas?


After our canoe trip, we were ready to go back to SWF and relax. We laid out by the pool for a little while and then headed back to our room to get ready for dinner. The funny thing is, once we got to our room, we were even more tired! So, we took a short nap and then decided that instead of dinner, we'd catch a movie and just eat popcorn. I mean, it is vacation after all, right? We saw World War Z (bleh), which I had no idea was about zombies or I would have protested. It was still fun to see a movie though.

At this point, I couldn't believe our weekend was almost over!

2 comments:

  1. awww...looks like a great anniversary...happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! :) We definitely had a great time.

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)