31 August 2010

Brooklyn's 1st haircut!

I cannot even begin to explain to you all how excited I was to schedule Brooklyn's first appointment with a dog groomer! My poor puppy has needed her hair cut and nails trimmed for WEEKS now. But I had been hesitant to schedule anything until I had done my research.

After looking into many pet groomers in the area, I decided that paying anywhere between $30-$40 was reasonable. I also knew that I didn't want to take Brooklyn somewhere commercial like Pet Smart or Pet Co because there are too many dogs, too much noise, etc. for a puppy'a first time to be left alone without her momma and some random person attacking her with loud clippers (I'm only slightly overprotective, ha!). I finally decided on a boutique pet grooming salon that is about 1/2 a block from my apartment called La Pooch. Isn't that cute?! I read multiple reviews about Nancy and her grooming business. Everyone seemed to love her, especially those with small, first-time puppies. I was sold and scheduled an appointment for 9 a.m. this morning.

I was nervous as I dropped Brooklyn off. Even though Nancy was very nice and thought Brooklyn was super cute, being the overprotective pet owner that I am, I was still a little sad to leave her there alone. I got a call right at about the time I was going to take my lunch break from work so I went straight over to pick Brooklyn up. I was really excited to see her trimmed up and smelling clean. This was my first sighting of my newly bathed, trimmed, and perfumed Brooklyn:


{I'm sorry, but this is the cutest puppy in the entire world! Please note all of her hair on the floor behind her and the puppy mirror on the back wall.}

Nancy said that Brooklyn did very well for her first grooming experience, but wasn't the biggest fan of the noise that the clippers made. This surprised me a little because anytime I blow-dry my hair, Brooklyn wants me to blow the air on her. Oh well, she'll get more comfortable with the noise as she gets older. I was SO excited to see her all dolled up and even ordered her a new collar. I can't decide if I want her to have the black w/pearls, turquoise w/pearls, or yellow w/pearls, but we're only purchasing one. Any opinions out there?

Overall, Brooklyn had a great 1st haircut. She loved Miss Nancy and I'll for sure be taking her back to La Pooch again. Unfortunately, the pink bow didn't last but about 5 minutes. No biggie though. I was ready, camera in hand, to take a couple of pictures before she pulled it out. She's such a booger!



{I love this little pup!}

Hey! I almost forgot to ask: If you read my blog on a pretty regular basis, I'd love to know about it! On the right hand side of my blog is a button you can click to "Follow" me. I have 29 public followers and I'd love to hit 30 or more! I know that I do a ton of rambling, but blogging is a fun way to keep up with family and friends I don't get to talk with often. I'd love to know if you read my ramblings:)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Frndz...
    Nice post!..good information,it is really helpful..it really impressed me alot and i just loved it.Thanks for posting such an informative content..

    Reclaimed Wood Flooring Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)