11 August 2011

FREE furniture? We'll take it!

So there I was, sitting as my desk at work checking my Facebook right before I took off for lunch, when all of a sudden I noticed that my aunt updated her Facebook status to say that she was moving from San Antonio to Rockport. The moving part does not shock me. My great-aunt GREAT Aunt Cissy is an adventurous traveler with a love for the coast. The exciting part was that she mentioned that she's trying to clear out her house to make the move easier and asked if anyone wanted anything. Umm, excuse me, what about the not-so-rich newlyweds?? We love free stuff!

Of course, the first thing I asked about was furniture. Luke and I need more drawer space for clothing than you could even imagine! We have one large dresser and one small, both of which I was using before he moved in. I've also been wanting to buy a second couch for a while now, but just haven't found anything I loved for the price I had in mind. But as luck would have it, Cissy has one of each of these!!!

{Don't let the lighting fool you. This couch is more of a blueish-gray microfiber}

My aunt also told me about this awesome chair/ottoman combo that she has and I jumped on this one, knowing Luke would love it. When I texted Luke the picture, he said, "Oh my gosh, my chair has FOUND me!!" I think he is envisioning sitting in this chair while eating chips and guacamole and playing video games, ha!

{This (suede?) chair is fabulous! Plus, I love the ottoman}

I wish I had a picture of the 3-drawer chest of drawers to show you, but I actually haven't even seen it yet. But for free? I don't care what it looks like! I'm sure it's perfectly wonderful (my aunt has great taste), but even if it needs a little work, I love a good DIY project!

I'm picking up my dad's truck in Beeville on Saturday morning and then driving up to SA to get this furniture. I'm SO excited! It will sit in my dad's storage garage until we get back from the honeymoon, but this gives me something to look forward to after we return. You better believe there will be a follow up post about where we put all of this fun new furniture! Have I mentioned that it's FREE?? Pretty excited about this part. :)

2 comments:

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)