14 March 2012

Guest Post: Britt from The Magnolia Pair!

Happy Hump Day everyone! We're half way through the week (only half way??) and I'm already ready for the weekend! But until then, I have a fun guest post for you today. Britt from The Magnolia Pair, you may remember her sponsor highlight from a few days ago, has been sweet enough to blog over here today and I'm excited for her to share her love story with you! Thanks Britt!

When people get married most think that it is one of the most drastic changes they’ve experienced in their lives, but for me, it was a handful of things that changed everything. The only way I can describe my life the last year and a half is simply a whirlwind and a mere blink.

Let’s rewind just a little bit to summer of 2010. In June of this summer Joel and I lived and studied together in Barcelona for a month. After studying, we travelled for 3 weeks though Europe staying at hostles, missing our flights (Oops!), seeing historical monuments/landmarks, meeting the locals, and so much more. For us, this adventure was a time where our relationship became stronger and our hearts grew fonder of one another.

 
After returning from Europe, we began our last year at LSU together. In the middle of the semester Joel proposed on October 19th in the middle of a lake standing on a skinny barge, where he first asked me to date. From this point on our lives were suddenly struck with adrenaline.

In December, smarty pants Joel finished a semester early from college and graduated. Before he began medical school in the summer of 2011 he took a research job with a professor to stay busy and make some extra money.

A few months later, in May, I graduated! Being so proud of myself for finishing in four years with a degree that I was passionate about overwhelmed me with joy.

But that soon fizzled because the wedding craze began!

Time went by so fast after a bachelorette party with my favorite girls in June, house hunting in Alabama, and a last minute girls trip to see Britney Spears in concert., and purchasing our new vehicle. The month June and July swept me off my feet and July 16th was here before I knew it.


We married on July 16th at 1:00pm, and headed to St. Lucia for a week of honeymooning!

And what do you know, literally, the day after our honeymoon we landed back in New Orleans, headed to Alabama and Joel began Medical School the next day. Talk about a whirlwind right?


As Joel got settled into school I was on the job search and after two weeks of the big move I got my first interview for my first “big girl” job. After 6 intense interviews I was offered the position. I jumped for joy since I got a job just in time for my 23rd birthday!

A few short days before I began work we added a new addition to our two person family, and that was our little pup Rayne! We rescued our shelter puppy from a high kill shelter. She has come with ups and downs but we love her so much. I needed a little companion for my alone time, and she did just the trick!

My life is fairly strange now. I knew nobody here in Alabama when we moved and literally had to start over, which was exciting and scary at the same time.

***

I started this little blog to help me share my feelings about what I was going through and to share my recipes, photography, crafts, and funny newlywed stories. My blog covers a lot of trials, triumphs, and tribulations of our newlywed life.

I’d love for you to come follow along and share your stories with me! Thanks for reading, and thank you Sara for letting me post here!



3 comments:

  1. Love your story and your blog! You guys are such a cute couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her blog! Great post!

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and pretty pictures! Love her blog!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)