10 April 2010

Chips Ahoy! and Prom Memories

What a lazy weekend I'm having! Not lazy in the sense that I haven't gotten anything accomplished because I HAVE. It's just that the pace of this weekend has just been relatively slow compared to the pace of my work day routine. And I'm liking it:)

Yesterday I slept in until about 10 a.m. I told myself I could not sleep any later than this because I had to wake up and apply for jobs. Oh yessss...the life of a graduating senior. Well, I am please to report that this task was indeed successful and I've applied to many places that I would be thrilled to work for. I'm definitely looking for a job where what I do on a daily basis effects the greatest amount of people in a positive way. I know that sounds broad and this may sound corny to you, but I want my future career to have meaning. I want to serve people by doing a job I'm passionate about. I'll keep you posted on how the job search is going.

Ashley and I have been trying to eat healthy since it's almost bikini season and, for me, WEDDING SEASON! However, we caved last night and got Chinese food for dinner, lol. But we did the best we could. I ate chicken and broccoli and Ashley ate some kind of house chicken. There was so much food actually, that we brought half of it home. Mmmm, Chinese food leftovers! After we'd gotten back to the dorm and gone our separate ways, I heard a knock on my door. I opened it to find a pouting Ashley demanding that we find chocolate ASAP. You see, she's given up Chips Ahoy! cookies for now, but was having serious withdrawals. So, we went to our local grocery store to by baby cups of cookie dough ice cream so that she wouldn't cave and then we rented Princess and the Frog. GOOD MOVIE! This was the first cartoon movie I'd seen in a long time and I was pleasantly surprised! A little ice cream and a good movie is always better than caving and buying an entire bag of Chips Ahoy!, no doubt:)

Today I woke up around 10 a.m. and I was missing Texas A LOT. I had this incredible urge to pack a bag, jump on the first plane out, pick up all my friends and head straight to the beach. I want to go home so badly! I'm not homesick in the way the little kids get homesick at sleep-over camp. I just want to be back in Texas. I want sunshine at 90 degrees, not 65. I want the beach, Mexican food, my family and friends, Luke, etc. Thanks New York, it's been real. But you're just not Texas. No worries though, I only have 26 more days, and believe me, I'm counting!

This afternoon I got a good hour-long workout in and now I'm going to work on a little wedding planning. I think I'll just lay low tonight and enjoy my evening. Tonight is Prom 2010 in Hallettsville and my baby sister, Becca, is a junior. This means that this year, her class was in charge of the theme/decorating/etc. I'm so excited for her because I remember how fun prom was when I was in high school. Getting my hair done, taking pictures before hand with friends, dancing all night...well, until my parents told me I had to come home, ha! Good memories. Here is a picture that Becca texted me of her before prom. How hot is this little girl?? She get's it from her big sister;)


{Have fun Becca Roo!}

Also, I was looking through mine and Luke's engagement pictures for the first time in a while yesterday and came across this picture. I don't know why I hadn't noticed it before, but I really like this one! It's now my new FB profile picture, of course. Taking those pictures was so fun! Jade will be taking our wedding pictures as well and I can't wait! She's just a great photographer. If you haven't checked out her website, you should! www.journeytreestudio.com


{Love you babe!}

Tomorrow I'm headed to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Be looking for pictures soon! Hope you're having a blessed weekend:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)