25 April 2010

Movin' Along

Life just keeps moving along, a little slower in the last couple of weeks, but still moving none the less. I say this because the closer I get to moving back to Texas, the slower time seems to pass. It's like being a child during the week before Christmas and counting the minutes until Santa's arrival. This next week will be my last week at my internship at CBS News. I've learned so much from this experience and I'll be sad to say goodbye to everyone in my office, but on the other hand, I'm ready to go. It's time to move on to my next job adventure and to take another step towards my career.


{The intern desk in the Press Office at CBS News}

On Friday I had my second wedding dress fitting to make sure that the alterations were going smoothly. Everything is going very well! The dress looks great and we talked about what kind of bustle I wanted. I decided to go with the American traditional bustle because the French bustle made me look like I had a second butt, just lower. Not flattering! Just a couple more little alterations and my mom and I will pick it up this Friday. Have I mentioned on my blog yet that my mother is coming back up to New York? Well, she is! Jules will be up here on Thursday to help me begin the packing process. She's going to take one of my big suitcases full of clothes, etc. home with her on Sunday so that I don't have as much to haul back the following week. Isn't she sweet?

Saturday was pretty cool. All of the students in my program were required to go to the MoMA, or the Museum of Modern Art, that morning. Unfortunately, I'm not one to really read much into art, although I do appreciate it very much, so I never feel like I take away much from museum visits. Bummer, huh? I just take a lot of pictures and know that I've seen famous artwork. Maybe I should buy a art book and read about it before hand? I don't know. My favorite exhibit at the MoMA was Tim Burton's exhibit and my favorite painting to see was "Starry Night" by Van Gogh. They wouldn't let me take any pictures in the Tim Burton exhibit, but here's a picture I took of Van Gogh's painting. 


{Starry Night}

Today's another pretty chill day. I plan to start packing a little, work on some last minute homework, and do some laundry. It looks pretty gloomy outside, so I doubt I get to do much but hang around the dorm. Luke has been working super hard this weekend which has made it tough to talk to him. They had a huge group of people out at Camp Zephyr all weekend plus a ton of extra staff. On the weekends, Luke is at work sometime around 7:30 a.m. and is never truly "off" of work. He could get called in the middle of the night if something goes wrong. We've only talked for maybe an hour or two this entire weekend. Not my favorite:( But I'm so proud of him. I can't even begin to imagine working as hard as he does plus being a full-time college student. I see God working in His life and growing him in big ways. I know there is an amazing plan for Luke and for our lives together.

Now, if only the next 11 days would pass by just a little quicker...:)


{Hot tubbin' last spring}







No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)