28 April 2010

The next to last...

Today is my second to last day of work at CBS News! Of course there will be an entirely seperate blog post after I'm officially done, but I'm just so excited that I have to share a little my happiness with you at this very moment. Don't get me wrong, I've loved my job here in New York, but I'm so ready to get back to Texas, family, and friends. This morning my boss pulled me and Stevie, the other intern, aside and told us that since a couple of the publicists won't be in the office tomorrow or Friday, she was going to order lunch for eveyone today as a thank you and goodbye to the interns for this semester. Woohoo!!! Free lunch!!!! We ordered from Brooklyn Diner up the street. I got a huge Chinese chicken salad and it was delicious!

Speaking of interns, I want to give a quick shout-out to Stephanie Bittner, better known as Stevie, who has been my partner in crime this semester. I know it was God's plan for us to work together for the last four months. I mean, how often do two enaged interns (who got engaged within 24 of each other, but in two seperate states) get placed in the same office?! We've have fun learning from each other, bouncing wedding ideas off of each other, giving opinions and suggestions, listening to each others frustrations, and all of this in between pulling news clips, answering phones, and preparing PR pitches. Talk about two women that have perfected multi-tasking! Stevie just started a new blog and I'm so proud of her! I'd like to think that I plays a big part in this decision. She's headed to Italy in a couple of weeks, so check out all of her Italian and wedding adventures at: http://www.unefillesleigh.blogspot.com/

Tonight is my last class as a college student. All I have left are two finals, one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday. I can't believe this time of my life is finally here. I'll be home in 8 days and graduating in 17. CRAZY! I know I talk about this just about every time I blog these days, but what can I say? It's a big time in my life right now. I still haven't quite wrapped my mind around it.

But here's the real issue: How do you feel about my new blog background? I can't decide if I like it. I love reading, but I don't know how I feel about a book background. Although, I guess it doesn't matter. I'm sure it will be something different in a day or two. I'm so indecisive:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)