06 March 2010

blueberry coffee, save-the-dates, and a visit from friends

Wow, so much has been going on the last couple of days! I can't believe it's 9 p.m., I'm at home, and I actually have time to blog without feeling rushed. Work has been good, but I'm starting to get tired of my routine. I decided to try and change it up a bit, so I ordered, along with the normal coffees, some blueberry flavored Keurig K cups for the Keurig at work. By the way, if you  don't know what a Keurig is, you should! If you're a coffee, latte, tea, or hot chocolate drinker, this sweet machine will revolutionize your life. The blueberry coffee is ok, but I think it needs a little creamer. This has been ordered as well. Hopefully by next week I will have that office smelling like blueberries and hot chocolate instead of, well, whatever it smells like now:)


Wild Mountain Blueberry coffee!

Yesterday, I spent 6 hours working on my wedding guest list and addressing the envelopes for mine and Luke's save-the-dates. I had no idea it would take that long! And, ironically enough, the longer it took me, the longer our guest list got. Between the two of us, Luke and I have about 175 family members. On top of that we added FBC Hallettsville friends, FBC Beeville friends, Zephyr family/friends, Baylor friends, TAMUCC friends, HHS friends, CHS friends...lions, and tigers, and bears, OH MY! I called my mother and gave her the most up to date guest list and you know what she told me?? She said, "Your father just said don't go over 600 people." WHAT??? Who invites that many people to a wedding?? I don't think the country club can comfortably hold 400, lol. It sure will be interesting to see how many RSVP once official invitations go out. Although, the more the merrier! I always envisioned my wedding being a huge party where everyone eats a lot of really great food and then dances the night away. I just want that special day to be a time of celebration and FUN! Save-the-dates go out Monday, finally. 

Today, my two roomies from Baylor, Catherine and Kristin, flew in to the city. I'm so excited they decided to spend their spring break in New York with me! I met them at their cute hotel, the Hotel Edison in Times Square, and then we grabbed a bite to eat at a local cafe on 6th Ave. After that, we went to Central Park, The Plaza Hotel, Wall St. and then to my dorm in Brooklyn Heights. I showed them around the St. George and they got to see my tiny dorm room that I had cleaned just for their visit! The girls got to see my wedding dress and I got to fall in love with it all over again:) We walked down to Montague St., over to the promenade to look at the beautiful New York City skyline all lit up at night, and then grabbed dinner at a little Italian restaurant called Pete's down by the Brooklyn Bridge. The girls went back to their hotel early tonight since they'd been traveling and then on their feet all day. We figured this would give us all a good night's rest before our very busy day tomorrow! On the agenda for tomorrow: ice skating in Bryant Park,  Bloomingdales, Serendipity, Grand Central Station, and we'll probably put our names in a broadway show lottery drawing tomorrow evening. Wish us (and the city) luck! 

Here are a couple pictures from our first day back together. Be looking for another blog post/update from our adventures soon!


How cute are they?? So glad they're in my House Party!


Funny story. The guy that took this picture looked like he knew what he was doing, but then he didn't even get the whole New York Stock Exchange in the background. Lame dude, lame.
___________________________________________________

Oh gosh, I almost forgot and am now adding this part to the blog post after I've already published it once. Tonight, the Baylor mens basketball team BEAT TU!!! Congrats boys! Y'all make me, and all of Baylor, SO proud. SIC 'EM BEARS!!!!! 

Check out this link to read about the game: http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/030610aaa.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)