14 March 2010

Rainy day blues

Yesterday it poured all day. Today, it's super gloomy outside. THIS WEATHER IS NOT GOOD FOR MY HEALTH! It makes me really unproductive and I'm not nearly as peppy as I am on a normal day. So, what else is there to do but blog:)

Last night, Luke went with his best friend Jay and Jay's family to the Icerays game for Jay's birthday. The Icerays are Corpus Christi's ice hockey team. From what I hear, they all had a great time and the Icerays won 5-3, woohoo!!! I was super bummed that I couldn't be there because Jay, Morgan (Jay's beautiful fiance!), Luke and I love to all hang out together, but last night I was missing from the group. Jay's sweet momma posted this picture to my Facebook wall for me hoping that is would make me feel better, which it did, but it also made me miss Luke and the whole gang that much more. Oh well, 7 more weeks and I'm back home with everybody! 


{How cute is this guy?? I miss him so much. I can't wait to be married to him:) 146 more days!!}


{This picture of Jay and Morgan is about a year old, but it's still cute! Luke and I are so blessed to have these two in our lives. They're getting married just a couple months after Luke and me. Love it!}

This past Friday after work, I stopped by Borders at The Shops at Columbus Circle. This mall is just a couple avenues up from where I work. I spent a peaceful two hours just wondering up and down the many rows of books. Have I ever told you how much I LOVE books? And reading? Seriously, it's like my life's goal to own a bookstore. I have a list of books that I want to read, but with school and work, it's hard to find the time. Determined to make time, I promised myself I would buy at least 2 new books while I was at Borders. I had narrowed in down to three books: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, A Reliable Wife, and Twenties Girl. The first two are currently on the New York Times Best Seller List under "Paperback Trade Fiction" and the third one I just stumbled across when I first walked into the store. Since my momma (of course, I called for her expertise reader's advice) figured I could borrow The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo from a friend since it's so popular, she advised that I buy the other two. This was a good choice since it got me a more serious/suspenseful book and a girly book. Got to have a good balance! I'm now almost half way through A Reliable Wife (doesn't take me long!) and I'm loving it. I'll let you know what I think after I've finished it. 

 



I guess I'll head on over to the gym now. Hopefully a good workout will help me shake these rainy day blues! Maybe a little laundry later? Or working on a little homework? Wow, I sound lame. Mom and the girls get here in 4 days and I can't wait!! Hurry up Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)