04 June 2010

A bed of roses and a mystical dagger

The last two days have been great! Yesterday, work was super productive and I had two great meetings with clients. After work, I got a french manicure and a color change on my toes. Hot pink, of course. It's summertime! Then for dinner, my friend Claire came over to the apartment and we cooked/ate the best baked potatoes ever while watching So You Think You Can Dance. My college roommate, Cat, got me totally hooked on this show last season, so Claire and I had to watch it. That was my Wednesday:)
But today was even BETTER! Luke was given the day off from camp, so he came into town to run errands and hang out with me. He came by my new office and I got to show him around. He loved it and the cool atmosphere. Then he took me to lunch at one of my new favorite places in town, Agua Java. Luke and I both got the Monterrey Panini and Arnold Palmers. After lunch, I had to go back to work, but I gave Luke the key to my apartment so that he could go chill out and watch TV.
It was our plan to meet up at my apartment after I got off of work so that we could decide on a dinner location and which movie we wanted to see at the theater. However, Luke ended up "running errands" around the same time I was getting off work, so we decided to just meet at Freebirds for dinner. Yes, Freebirds' newest franchise just opened in Corpus Christi!!! Dinner was awesome and then we headed back to the apartment to drop off my car and decide on a movie. I was the first one in the door and when I opened it, I saw...



HOW COOL IS THIS?! Luke hadn't been "running errands," earlier, he'd been cooking up this little surprise for me! Besides the rose petals and a dozen roses in a vase, he wrote me a really sweet card. This surprise was so perfect and so needed after the last couple of weeks. I think I hugged and kissed Luke for about 15 minutes straight after this:) Then we picked up the petals, ha! I didn't have a cute container big enough to hold all of them, so they ended up in a couple of different bowls from my kitchen and some weird shaped basket.

I love roses, surprises, and Luke. Especially the latter:) 
After the roses surprise and a little bit of research, we ended up deciding on Prince of Persia for our date night movie. I wasn't so sure that I was going to like it, but Luke reassured me that among all of the sword fighting was a love story and it was actually pretty good! I liked the plot and the lead actor was super cute. If you're up for a sword fighting, mystical dagger, sands of time, romance between a prince and a princess kind of movie, check it out!


All in all, today was fabulous. I feel so incredibly blessed and just flat out happy. I could go on and on about this, but I think you get the picture. I hope everyone's week is going well. And even better, tomorrow is Friday! Yay for the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)