13 June 2010

Blah, blah, blah...

Anyone else loving Blogger's new page design elements? I'm not a graphic designer by trade, so I LOVE that blogger is making it so much easier for me to have a cool looking blog page:)

Anyhoo, I had a very relaxing and decorative weekend. If you've ready my blog lately, you may have noticed that I'm trying to slowly decorate my new apartment. I have furniture of course, but I really want to try to make my apartment modern and stylish on a (tight) budget. I'm not quite sure how to do this, but I have patience, creative friends that are offering great advice! This weekend I bought a papasan chair frame that a friend of mine pointed out to me on craigslist. The girl was selling it for $10, but I haggled her down to $5! I was especially excited about this because these chair frames sell for $80 at Pier 1. I bought a green papasan cushion for the chair and an amazing magenta down pillow (on sale!) thus beginning my color pallet for the living room. This was just the start/success I needed. Here's a picture of my cute new chair and pillow!


{Sorry its not the best quality pic. Gotta love the iPhone!}

This weekend was also wonderful because I got to spend a good amount of it with Luke! Even though we're living within an hour of each other now, it's tough to spend a lot of time together since its the summertime and it is at this time of the year that Luke sells his soul to Camp Zephyr. Don't get me wrong, I love this ministry more than any other (I've spent the last 4 summers of my life there), but it takes my fiance away for 3 months out of the year. This weekend, we just lounged around. I "rented" from my apartment (they have a whole library of movies you can rent for free!) Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang and Jumper. We watched them both. We also laid out by my pool and went grocery shopping. P.S. Corpus Christi has the most amazing HEB Plus on Saratoga. I know that all of you who already know of this are agreeing with me right now. It's like the TajmaHEB in Waco, but BETTER! Tough to imagine, but true. Luke needed a couple of things for camp and I picked up a couple of essentials, including chocolate chip cookies that Luke insisted I bake for him immediately once we got back to my apartment:) But I didn't mind, because he bought me these:


{My second dozen in a week and a half! He's the best:)}

HEB Plus has an incredible floral section; you can even have floral arrangements sent to people from there. Call me a small town girl, but I've never lived in a place where an HEB would do such a thing. I'll never go to another HEB in town!

Back to decorating my apartment: I've also bought a couch slipcover for my couch. It's chocolate brown and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. There's so much brown in my living room already with the wooden end tables, entertainment center, etc. I may return it and get a navy blue one. I'm going to think about it for a day or two and then decide. I'm also working on some wall decor. I need to print a couple of mine and Luke's engagement pictures to hang on the walls and I really want to buy a piece of art! There are a ton of local artists in the area, so I just need to find a favorite and buy an original. I know exactly where I want to put it too, so be looking for more pictures soon!

Alright, I know I've rambled on and on about nothing, really, but I don't have much to say. Life is good, work is good. I'm a happy girl:) I hope you all have a blessed week!



1 comment:

  1. I think a navy blue couch would be perfect! I love navy and brown together :) P.S. You should try and find some super cute throw pillows you like and I'll totally make them for you! Once you decide on a "theme" I can make you some fabric wall art too.

    -Felicia

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)