26 February 2011

Roadtrip to San Antonio

I was really excited when I found out that Luke not only had this weekend off, but he also has this upcoming Monday off as well. It's very rare with Luke's job that we get to spend an entire weekend together, but three whole days? Love it!

 {I miss this silly guy when he's out at camp}

So what else did we do today but work on our wedding check list! Luke and I drove to Beeville this morning to finalize our wedding registry at Wicker Basket. With our first wedding shower at FBC Beeville in 3 weeks, this was a must! After this, we continued on our road trip towards San Antonio. It was our original plan to meet up with Allen Frans, the pastor that will be marrying us, in San Antonio, but the traffic was awful for him driving south on 35 from Round Rock, so we ended up meeting in New Braunfels. 

We had a great time hanging out with Allen and working through our second pre-marital counseling session. Luke and I laugh about this being called "pre-marital counseling" as if we already have issues, but in all honesty we're really enjoying it! It's fun to learn more about each other through our assessment test and we're even realizing that we know each other better than we thought (good news!). Of course there will always be parts of our relationship that we'll have to work on as all couples do, but I'm proud of us for walking through this together and making it a priority. Plus, getting to hang out with Allen is a blast! He rocks! Today Allen gave us the book, The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. I've taken the 5 love languages test before, but Luke never has and neither one of us has ever read the book. Although it's not a part of our pre-marital counseling, Allen has encouraged us to read it together. I read the first 3 chapters out loud on our way home tonight and we're already loving it. Thanks for the book Allen!

{I always love a new book. If you haven't read this one, I definitely recommend it}

After we finished meeting with Allen, Luke and I went to Americus Diamonds where he bought my engagement ring to look at wedding bands. I didn't think we'd actually buy my matching band today, but Luke was totally ready. So ready, in fact, that he did some trying on himself and we ended up picking out, ordering, and purchasing his wedding band too! I'm always a little overwhelmed when he and I drop so much money at the same time (wedding planning has done this to us a couple of times before), but at least this part is taken care of and we can mark it off the list.

{After buying our wedding bands}

{In front of the ultimate diamond store!}

Today was so much fun, but I think I need at least a 48-hour break from wedding planning. As much as I love this entire process, I just need to not think about everything for a little while. I get overwhelmed so easily! Easier said than done, I know. Maybe a good night's sleep will do me some good. I can't remember the last time I slept for longer than 6 hours and didn't wake up to an alarm clock.

Hope everyone is having a restful weekend so far! Goodnight bloggersphere. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)