20 February 2011

Wedding weekend whirlwind!

What a weekend! My mom came into town on Saturday around 2 p.m. and we quickly got into wedding planning mode. First stop, wedding invitations. We went by the cutest party and invitation store in Corpus Christi called O Gosh! I had no idea that picking out invitations would be so exhausting! Contemporary or traditional? Single card or pocket invitation? White paper or ivory paper? Bow or no bow? The options are endless! After picking out our top 3 or 4 invitations, we decided to sleep on it for a couple of days and then go back to order them.

Next stop, Michaels! We went to look for a few items that we may be putting on every other table that won't have a floral arrangement. I'd love to tell you what these centerpieces will look like, but I can't give away all the surprises! After Michaels, we made a quick stop at Pier 1 because we just love that store! It's too bad you can't create a wedding registry there because I love all of their colored glasses. 


{I love these recycled glasses!}

After Pier 1, it was off to dinner. We ate at P.F. Changs and I had my favorite drink, an organic agave margarita! We also love us some chicken and broccoli and mongolian beef. Yum!! P.F. Changs is right by the mall, so of course we had to do a little shopping. I got the cutest little work top from Francescas, a new pair of black leather pumps, and a pair of nude pumps. Shopping with my mom is always legit!

{New black pumps}

{New nude pumps, except mine don't look wrinkled like this one}

On Sunday, we made even MORE wedding progress. Mom and I met up with Luke out at our venue, The Ranch at San Patricio for a cake tasting and floral consultation. I'm SO happy to say that Luke and I both picked out our cakes! We got to bring all of the leftovers home and I'm pretty sure Luke will be taking some out to camp for the guys to eat. Get excited boys!! We're still working on the flowers, but flowers are my favorite so I'm being a little OCD. Anyone shocked about this?

{Can you guess which flavors are which? I bet you can't!}

{Luke with his left over mini-cakes}

After the cake tasting and flower consultation, mom and I went to Bed Bath & Beyond and Macy's. I didn't think I wanted any china, but I decided today that I do. Call me crazy, but there is just something about registering for a beautiful set of china that is so traditional and bridal. I used to think I'd never use china, but I'm just going to make myself do it. I love the china we picked out!

Whew! Like I said earlier, what a weekend! I feel like we got so much accomplished and I'm super tired. It is going to be difficult to transition back into work mode, but at least I have new heels to wear to work. :) Next weekend Luke and I will be headed to San Antonio to meet up with our pastor, Allen Frans, for our next pre-marital counseling session and to (hopefully!) buy our wedding bands. I love how smoothly everything is coming together. I can't wait to be a Mrs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)