24 April 2011

9 weeks and counting!

{Easter lunch at Rudy's BBQ}

I was just sitting on the couch, looking at my calendar, and thinking about how busy my weekends are going to be all the way up to the wedding. I've always known that time was going to fly by quickly, but actually looking at the calendar has made this truth even that much more real. Here's what life looks like for me up until the wedding:
  • April 23 & 24--This current weekend a.k.a. Easter
  • April 30 & May 1--Becca's graduation pictures in CC
  • May 7 & 8--last wedding dress fitting & Mother's Day
  • May 14 & 15--TAMUCC's gradutation weekend (Yay Kubal and Erika!!)
  • May 21 & 22--Beach to Bay 2011 and my bridal portraits
  • May 28 & 29--Becca's high school graduation weekend
  • June 4 & 5--Bachelorette Party weekend in Houston
  • June 11 & 12--Kubal's bridal shower
  • June 18 & 19--the last weekend before the wedding a.k.a. MAJOR WEDDING PREP!
  • June 24 & 25--THE BIG DAY!!!!!
Holy moly, right?! These last 9 weeks before the big day are going to fly by! Although I've been engaged for 17 months, I know that once we're married and I look back on this time in my life, I'll miss it. This stage of mine and Luke's relationship will only happen once and I can't believe it has almost come and gone. It feels like just yesterday that I was leaving for college, crying in Luke's arms and talking about how it would be FOREVER before we'd be able to get married. This all seems so silly now. In 9 weeks, we will be husband and wife. It will be our favorite time of the year: summer, complete with scorching sunshine, humidity, and sticker burs. We'll be married on June 25th, exactly 5 days from the 6 year anniversary of the day we met (June 30, 2005). Please excuse my sentiment. I'm a little emotional about all of this. I can't wait to be Mrs. Luke Riley Hinton. SO SOON!! :)

Hope you all had a blessed Easter weekend. HE IS RISEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)