26 December 2010

Christmas Reflections

{Christmas Eve 2010} 

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever, even though it has only been a little over a week. But I mean, I guess I should cut myself some slack. It has been a little crazy with Christmas and all! I just want to start this post out by saying that I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and are looking forward to a blessed and happy new year. Both accompanied by family, friends, and other loved ones, of course. :)

The last few days have been filled with of some of the best food I've ever eaten in my life, holiday traditions that have continued to be some of the last constants from my childhood to now, my four "sides" of the family (including Luke's), and I must admit, some very fabulous Christmas presents! It has always been a personal goal of mine to take some time alone during the holidays to reflect on what this time of the year truly represents for us as Christians. More than good food, family, traditions, or presents, I'm in awe that God would so perfectly plant Himself in our flesh on Earth to save a people that didn't understand or want to accept who He was and still is. This love moves my soul and overwhelms me in a way that nothing else can. Most of all, I have been thankful for God's perfect gift this holiday season.

This year, I can proudly say that this was a Christmas full of "grown-up" presents! Luke and I had a great time opening joint gifts that will go in our future house! My parents bought us a flat-screen TV that Luke has (of course) already set up and plugged his Xbox in to at my apartment (don't even get me started, ha!). I was also given a wonderful vacuum that has worked wonders in my apartment already. Thanks mom!! Emily bought me the most perfect wine rack and Claire gave me a bunch of knick knacks for my kitchen from Ikea. My Aunt Amy gave me a gift card to Bed Bath & Beyond, which I proceeded to spend the day after Christmas. It was already burning a whole in my pocket! I bought a blender and some organizing racks for my kitchen cabinets. Don't worry now. I know that I need to be patient because with getting married comes wedding showers with which you receive many of these gifts. But these were a couple of things I've been needing for a while. Just call me Susie Homemaker. :)

Speaking of wedding, Christmas day was exactly 6 months until mine and Luke's wedding!!! Mom and I did a little wedding planning/talking over the break, so be looking for some wedding updates soon! I'm getting really excited because all of my ideas are coming together. Now, I just need to get some of my to-do list checked off!

For those of you that still have more time off from work or school, consider yourselves extra blessed (and envied!). For those of you who, like me, have to go back to work tomorrow, God bless us all. I know I'm going to need an extra boost in the morning! It's always so hard to go back to work or school after such a fun holiday.

Have a blessed last week of 2010!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)