11 December 2010

Praying For a Church Home

Some of you know this and some don't, so I'll just fill everyone in. Luke's work schedule does not make much time for the two of us on the weekends. He's always having to work at camp because that's when most groups go on retreats. It's just the way it is. But this aspect of his work has been really tough on us when it comes to finding a church. I've lived in Corpus Christi for 8 months now, and we still haven't found one that really clicks for both of us. Yes, I know that it can take a while to find a church, but of the 8 months I've lived in this city, Luke and I have probably made it to church together 4 or 5 times. So yeah, I'm slightly frustrated about this. I just really want Luke and I to get plugged into a church before we get married so that we can have a church family in our lives as we take this next big step.

Last week after church, I was talking to my dad on the phone and he asked me what I was up to. Poor ol' dad, he had no idea what was coming. I jumped right up on my soap box and started telling him how frustrated I was that God hadn't showed Luke and I a church to call home here in Corpus. Now, my dad is a very godly man that offers solid advice, but even he was like, "Uh...uh...I'm sorry?" I felt bad for him after I hung up, ha!

But I know that God's timing is perfect. And on Friday, after what has felt like forever, He just might have revealed to me what church Luke and I are supposed to attend! I always thought that Luke and I would "choose" this church together, but God sort of just laid this place in my lap and I got that feeling like He was leading me there. I called Luke freaking out! Again, poor guy (God bless the men in my life for my freak out moments), he was working and could barely hear me. I told him, "Luke! I want you to be excited!!!" and he said, "I am. But I can't hear you, I love you and I have to go back to work. We'll check the church out this weekend because I have Sunday off." WHAT?! I was thrilled!

So, I hope I'm not building this Sunday up too much. But the feeling I had when I was talking to a couple of people from this church last week was very similar to the feeling I got when I found my home church in college. It's the most peaceful and joyous feeling! This new church has a Newly Married and Engaged Couples class, which is something we've been looking for. And the worship service sounds like the size and style we've been working for. I've already laid out my Sunday clothes for tomorrow. Yup, that excited. :)

Will you please do me a favor and say a prayer for Luke and I? We just barely ever get to go to church together and I'd really like for us to find a church home we can plug into here. Please pray for discernment and peace. I'd greatly appreciate it!

{Luke and I took Brooklyn down to the bayfront this morning to play in the fountains. It was just too beautiful!!!}

1 comment:

  1. Finding a church home is a struggle for us too. So, how was it, and where did you go? :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)