10 March 2011

Watch out! Sara is venting again...

I am going to get onto my soap box for just a couple of minutes and then I'll be over it. I've been thinking about what I'm about to share with you for a while now. I have also hesitated to write anything about it because it's pretty negative and I don't like purposely sounding negative, but I just can't hold this in anymore. I'm frustrated and I want to talk about it.

I cannot stand people that are just down right ugly to others. I have two categories in particular: those that think they are holier than thou and people that are ugly in their professional fields. I'm usually one to have pretty tough skin. I am very strong minded and was taught to turn the other check. I have always taken this very literally and remind myself that each of us has to answer to God on our own, therefore I cannot worry about what others say, think, or do. However, today I've had up to my limit in rude people and I just cannot hold this in any longer.

To those who think you are holier than thou:
Just because you're a Christian and think you live this perfect little Christian life does NOT make you better than anyone else. Last time I checked, being a "Christian" doesn't make you perfect or better than anyone else. It is people like you that make non-Christians question why they themselves would want to become a Christian. You have your stuck up little noses in the air and you walk around acting like you're better than everyone else when really you're talking crap about anyone that isn't exactly like you. You want to know how I know this? Because I know FOR A FACT that some of you have talked bad about me. Reverting back to earlier, normally I don't give your opinion a second thought, but I'm done ignoring this issue. The next time I hear that one of you has something to say about me, you better get ready to say it to my face and then hear what I have to say about it. And here is another fact you should know: the way you're acting is causing some of your "friends" to leave the church because they can't stand being around you, you have burned bridges with multiple people and they will never be able to be friends with you again, and/or I used to want to be a part of your group/clique/whatever (and I feel, made quite an attempt to be) but now realize that you're no better or cooler than anyone else. In fact, I'd rather not waste my time; you'd only bring me down anyway. I think the reason this bothers me so much is that I love the Lord with all of my heart and I hate that non-believers see some of you and think all Christians are like this. I'm sooo sorry (obviously not really) that I don't live by every rule that your great-great grandparents' grand parents taught you. Yes, I have my own opinions. I have an audience of ONE and He is the only person I care about pleasing. So if I'm not pleasing you, too darn bad because I don't really care. But unfortunately, you still think you can snub your nose at me, my family, and my friends. I'm just so incredibly over it. And you. Goodness, I could keep going on and on...

To those who think they can be ugly to people in a professional setting:
I am so incredibly sorry I have pissed you off (again, this is really just sarcasm). Let me let you in on a little secret: the world doesn't revolve around you, the sun does not rise and fall on your watch or your stupid budget, and talking to me like that will honestly get you no where. I was once told by an extremely wise man that if we chose to stop working with all of the jerks in this world, we would be out of a job and I'm really starting to understand this. However, I am personally not going to accept this as ok. It annoys the crap out of me when people get mad at me for something that someone else does. If you give info to someone else and they don't relay it properly to me, then I'm sorry if something hasn't been prepared properly for you or arrived to you on time. Maybe you should answer your phone when I call to confirm information with you. Also, if you work in management in any form or fashion, you should obviously have the talent to lead a group of people with patience and love. Yes, you must be strong, level-headed, and able to make unbiased decisions, but you should still listen to those you manage. If I ever become a manager someday, I pray so hard that God keeps me in check in this department. In the end, kind words are HUGE. I will work my hardest and go to the ends of the earth for people that speak words of kindness and encouragement. I will never work efficiently for those who demand and have unreasonable expectations or just talk as if they are so much better than myself. It does NOT matter to me who you are, who your family is, where you came from or who you know. You are not any better than me and vice versa. Period.

Ok, I think I'm done. I'm not even going to edit this post. I may not even look at it again. Please take it for what it's worth. I'm just tired mentally/physically/emotionally and tired of ugly people. My defenses are down and I just want to cry. I'll toughen back up to my normal self in the morning, just as I always do.

Verses to reflect on:

"You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. But if I do judge, My decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with The Father, who sent Me." (John 8:15-16) 

"Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for The Lord is able to make him stand...For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that He might be The Lord of both the dead and the living. You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says The Lord, 'every knee will bow before Me; every tongue will confess to God. So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another." (Romans 14:1-4, 9-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)