30 March 2011

My last few evenings as a single gal

I am one to enjoy my alone time. I believe this stems from the fact that I grew up in a family of 6. When I was in high school, extended periods of alone time were few and far between. I cherished them immensely!

As a young adult, my appreciation for time to myself has changed. When I get home from work, all I want to do is sit on my couch and turn my cell phone off. I don't want anyone from home, work, or elsewhere to ask me any more questions. All I want to do is sit and watch E! News in peace.

Therefore, I am cherishing these last few weeks until I become a wife. Yes, I'm still very much in love with the hubby-to-be and I'm joyfully awaiting the day that he slips that wedding band on my left finger. However, I know that once this happens, life will never be the same. Sometimes I will arrive home to a boy and a dog, sitting there hungry and anticipating dinner. Sometimes I will get home and there will only be a dog (Luke works out of town a lot), but there will be twice the laundry to do, groceries to buy, etc. Yes, I do these things now, but at a different pace and on a schedule that accommodates just one person. I am still planning on making quite time for myself a priority, but I'm not holding my breath. Life is going to change drastically, but until then I'm enjoying these quite evenings to myself.

{My hot date this evening: thank you notes, a cup of my favorite coffee, and The Nanny playing in the background}

{In other news, the tiger lilies in the birthday bouquet Luke gave me last Friday finally opened and they are GORGEOUS!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! I love comments. :)